Apply Now
Classroom Login
Call Now
Call Now 855-300-1472

International Students

International Students

Jacksonville University Welcomes Students From All Over the World!

Jacksonville University’s online programs welcome international students. As an international student who has earned college or university credit outside the United States, you are required to have your foreign transcripts evaluated by an approved credential evaluation service. Visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) website to find an approved service. Three approved evaluating agencies are Josef Silny & Associates, International Education Research Foundation (IERF) and World Education Services (WES). Your credential evaluation will determine course equivalency to American educational standards. When working with the evaluating agency, please make sure they perform a course-by-course evaluation, as this is required by Jacksonville University.

Graduate International Student Application Requirements

For the purpose of applying to Jacksonville University, an international applicant is defined as a citizen of a country where English is not the official first language or someone who has attended a foreign institution. International students who are not on the list of countries where English is the official language may be required to prove English proficiency.

In addition to the standard application components, based on their programs of interest, international students must also adhere to the following requirements to complete the full admissions process or to continue beyond one 8-week term:

  • An original course-by-course certified credential evaluation for all international transcripts from any agency that is a member of NACES. The outside agency of choice for evaluation of foreign credentials is WES. Applicants may, however, use the services of any member of NACES.
  • Official international transcripts must be provided unless the credential evaluation service indicates their evaluation was completed from an official transcript. The transcripts should be signed, stamped, and placed in a sealed envelope by your school or the Department of Education in your home country. You may then place the sealed envelope with your documents in another larger envelope for mailing purposes.
  • If your documents are not in English, please be sure to provide a certified translation. A copy of the certified translation is acceptable as long as the official transcript and official credential evaluation has been provided.
  • Please note: international students with a U.S accredited associates degree, who have extreme difficulty in obtaining their international transcript (i.e. war torn and devastated countries, destroyed by a known natural disaster, etc.), have the option to waive foreign transcripts and must submit (emailed or faxed copy acceptable) a signed statement with the below information:
    • Name of international school attended
    • Timeframe of attendance
    • Efforts made to try and obtain the transcript
    • Statement that they forfeit all credits from that institution
    • Must be signed and dated

Proof of English Language Proficiency

  • If your native country is not on this list – or if you attended a foreign institution – you must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting unofficial score reports, certificates or transcripts of one of the following:
    • A 450 or higher on the critical reading portion of the SAT (high school transcript acceptable)
    • A 20 or higher on the reading portion of the ACT (high school transcript acceptable)
    • A 114 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL*
    • A 280 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL*
    • A 650 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL*
    • A 8.0 or higher on the IELTS (more commonly used in the Middle East and India)
    • A C or higher in a college-level course in English composition (the equivalent to ENGL 103 from regionally accredited U.S. institution)
    • 24 or more credits with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA at a regionally accredited U.S. institution
    • 3 or more years of attendance with grades of C or higher at an American or English-speaking high school

*For more information on the TOEFL, visit

Conditional Students

In order to start class as a conditional student, Jacksonville University requires all of the standard admission components (refer to the respective program’s admission requirements). JU also requires copies or originals of the same documentation listed above, which includes a course-by-course NACES credential evaluation, international transcripts and proof of English language proficiency (when applicable).

International Nursing Students

  • Foreign educated nurses may apply only if they have a current U.S. RN license, with no restrictions.

A University Alliance program representative can assist you in applying to the online undergraduate programs and online graduate programs. He or she can also answer any additional questions regarding international requirements. For more information, call a dedicated University Alliance program representative at 1-813-612-5302.